I had GrowlMail installed and after I switched to Safari4 Beta my Mail.app started bombing out complaining that the problem was GrowlMail. Whether it was or not doesn’t matter to me since I need my mail.
So since looking around the web didn’t help, I decided to poke around and see if I could find it myself. Turns out that it’s very simple to remove. So go remove the following folder(s):
- /Library/Mail/Bundles/GrowlMail.mailbundle (thanks to Hildgrim for pointing this out)
1. run the following in Terminal:
defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail EnableBundles -bool NO
2. and start Mail.app and then quit it.
3. now run the following in Terminal:
defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail EnableBundles -bool YES
4. and this time you can start Mail.app and leave it running.
I have no idea why I had to disable and then re-enable bundles in the preferences but just removing the GrowlMail bundle folder didn’t seem to fix the problem, but this did.
Anyway, hope it helped someone. Let me know if something went awry…